Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tacky TV News

I was watching the report about the chief justice's seizure on ABC news the other day, and the anchor mentioned more than once that he heard Roberts had been foaming at the mouth. After he repeated it a couple of times, the reporter in the field acknowledged that, yes, Roberts had been foaming at the mouth.

As much as my political leanings may cause me to relish the image of a foaming-at-the-mouth conservative chief justice, I found this line of questioning to be astoundingly tasteless and offensive. It's not uncommon for someone experiencing a seizure, accident or similar physical trauma to evacuate his bladder or bowels. Does that mean we can expect anchors on future stories to say, "I understand he peed/pooed in his pants. Is that true?"

Spare me.

No comments: